SUNLESS TANNER CHANGE| EU RESTRICTS DHA 😮 @Dr Dray

SUNLESS TANNER CHANGE| EU RESTRICTS DHA 😮 Dermatologist @Dr Dray explains the EU restrictions on DHA IN SELF TANNING PRODUCTS. Is DHA in sunless tanner safe? HOW DOES SUNLESS TANNER WORK? Does sunless tanner age the skin? Sunless tanner safety. Spray tan and tanning lotions with DHA, how safe are they? Why is the EU restricting the amount of DHA in sunless tanning products? #skincare #sunlesstanning #dermatologist
Dermatologist reacts: Tiktok nasal spray tan https://youtu.be/suFT7ah_2VA
Dermatologist reacts: Mike Thurston tanning https://youtu.be/KV0ON3lucqo
Does self tan age the skin? https://youtu.be/isgnM8CcXrA

References
Johnson JA,Fusaro RM.Protection against long ultraviolet radiation: topical browning agents and a new outlook. Dermatologica 1987;175:53-7.
Rajatanavin N, Suwanachote S, Kulkollakarn S. Dihydroxyacetone: a safe camouflaging option in vitiligo. Int J Dermatol. 2008;47:402-406.
Yourick JJ, Koenig ML, Yourick DL, et al. Fate of chemicals in skin after dermal application: does the in vitro skin reservoir affect the estimate of systemic absorption? Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2004;195:309-320.
Akin FJ, Marlowe E. Non-carcinogenicity of dihydroxyacetone by skin painting. J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol. 1984;5:349-351.
Petersen AB, Na R, Wulf HC. Sunless skin tanning with dihydroxyacetone delays broad-spectrum ultraviolet photocarcinogenesis in hairless mice. Mutat Res. 2003;542:129-138.
Fusaro RM, Johnson JA. Photoprotection of patients sensitive to short and/or long ultraviolet light with dihydroxyacetone/naphthoquinone. Derrnatologica 1974; 148:224-7.
Fusaro RM, Runge WJ, Johnson JA. Protection against
light sensitivity with dihydr~176176176
Int J Dermatol 1972;I 1:67-70.

FTC: THIS VIDEO IS NOT SPONSORED.

💜Follow me on liketoknowit https://www.liketoknow.it/drdrayzday
💜Social media
Instagram @drdrayzday
Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/drdrayzday/
Facebook @DrDrayzDay
Twitter: @drdrayzday

📪Mail:
PO Box 542234
Houston, TX 77254

Disclaimer: This video is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. Content provided on this Youtube channel is for informational purposes only. Please consult with a physician or other healthcare professional regarding any medical or health related diagnosis or treatment options. Information on this Youtube channel should not be considered as a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional. The statements made about specific products throughout this video are not to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.

1. whatcha doin
    whatcha doin says:

I get spray tans for events and they always look great on me, BUT THE SMELL- I caaaant!! I guess it's just my body's chemistry, but even after showering 2 or 3 times I STILL feel like I stink and the smell only fades with the tan. 😔

2. anonymous
    anonymous says:

the EU is far ahead of NA in almost everything you can think of, it''s pretty insane…
    If we're speaking of health, the FDA is one of the most behind health agencies in the western world.

3. J 9
    J 9 says:

I have been a heavy user of jergens natural glow self tanning moisturizer since 2010. However, in 2019, I began a four year long battle with a random illness that no doctor at John’s Hopkins could diagnose. Long story short, we finally narrowed it down to the DHA in my sunless tanners. I apply the self Tanner once a week on Monday, and by Wednesday, I am violently ill – rapid heart rate, cramping, diarrhea, a rapid drop in blood pressure & tremors and an overall of feeling poisoned for a day or two afterwards. I have been unable to find anyone else who has experienced this. If there’s anyone out there with a similar situation , I’d love to hear from them!

4. Prisha A
    Prisha A says:

"If you like the way that injured skin looks, get if from a sunless tanner, it's totally safe 💁🏻‍♀️" …. Dr Dray you just killed me 😂😂😂

5. H D
    H D says:

I absolutely love Bondi Sands light-medium Aero foam, and also Ecotan Face Tan Water. Both so easy to use and beautiful results 😊. They’re both Australian I think!

6. Jackie Kreitzer
    Jackie Kreitzer says:

Thanks for the explanation! I am typically quite fair and I never tan in the sun. grew up in Arizona where it’s too hot to be outside and now I live in Belgium where it’s often cloudy so I love sunless tanner.

7. Linda Koberna
    Linda Koberna says:

Dr. Dray, I have learned so much from you. I am now 53 and just started really caring for my skin 2 years ago. I am not big on makeup. Usually just my tinted sunscreen, a little blush and sadly color corrector and concealer that's not not only dark circles but bags. Anyway, I love self tanning. I used Bondi Sands for a long time but had such a hard times getting it off my toes and they I started getting patchy and looked like a leper. On my face, I've use Tanologist, St Tropez tanning luxe drops and St Tropez tanning water. I have had great luck with b.tan. They have all shades and ones with olive, violet and Carmel undertones. God please don't get the Minetan spray tan machine. Most horrific experience of my life. Mine tan and b.tan are combined somehow. I used to lay out for hours smothered in baby oil. Who knew we would suffer today with hyperpigmentation. I tried Bondi Sands gradual tanner and stunk like I self tanned every moment of the day. I do use the Bondi Sands overnight sleep mask and now I just had to order St. Tropez mousse and the Coco and Eve. I need use mousse on my face. Even Isle of Paradise is great. You can be darker by adding more drops. My friend bought the Norvell spray tan machine for her salon. I can't remember how many thousands of dollars she spent on it. I don't mind doing the foam though and no matter what I use, I have never had any transfer. Some stink more than others. I try to do it during the day. But for $10 at Walmart it works. And I usually use Too Tan To Give a Damn, but now they have I want the darkest tan possible. They do have something called b.tan forever and ever which is supposed to last 11 days but you have to apply every 3 days. I don't like to purchase from Walmart or drugstores. You don't know how long it's been on the shelf and their storage area is probably too warm for self tanners. You can go to http://www.minetan.com and click down to b.tan. They also offer a clean tan too. Since I am stuck with the sprayer,I might give the b.tan tanner. I think you get 20% off your first order and they have a huge selection. Also Sosu Dripping Gold is supposed to be superdark. I have yet to try that and never had any interest in Loving Tan. Oh I did order Bali Body mousse and face tanner. But I won't spend money on weekly spray tans.

8. Joanna
    Joanna says:

I have been a heavy user of self tanners since 1990s when they started being popular. I definitely remember the orange tints and awful smells. They came a long way since then and are very easy to apply without streaks even for less experienced users. I used many different brands over the years, some I loved and others were a disaster. Currently I am trying Beachfront by Unique. I really like the smell, how easily it applies, and small size bottle. However, the price is quite steep so I am not sure if I am going to buy again as I know there are other great products on the market with a lower price tag.

9. L
    L says:

Does anyone use Tan Towels? When they first came out I think they were a bit pricey, but they sold them on QVC and the color from them looked really nice, and natural and easy to use. I tried them a long time ago, and I think I liked them. Any thoughts? I remember they were most noted to be free of streakiness..

10. Lisa Hébert
    Lisa Hébert says:

Thank you for this video! We offer spray tans at my spa and like to only offer the cleanest options available. This info will be so great if my clients have questions about the new standards.

11. Jamie Horwitz
    Jamie Horwitz says:

I love love love Isle of Paradise products. They have drops you can mix in your skincare to apply to your face or body. They also have mists, mousses, lotions, and oils. Not only does it give you a nice tan, if color corrects your skin. There are 3 levels from light to dark. Ok I realize this sounds like a paid review, but it’s not. I’m just a fan. No streaking. You don’t have to wash them off either

12. Milano Styles
    Milano Styles says:

Europeans are going to be lowering their rates of autoimmune diseases banning so many chemicals that we use regularly. Americans already have highest rates of diseases for developed nations.

13. Lana Salt
    Lana Salt says:

Love self tanners. I used Clarins Radiance plus golden glow buster for body, it gives a nice gradual tan. You add a few drops in you body lotion. For more color I used 6-7 drops mixed with lotion for a part of my body, like a leg or my back, etc. That small bottler will be enough for half a year.

14. Charisma Hornum-Fries
    Charisma Hornum-Fries says:

I went to the nuker all the time when we didn’t know about it’s side effects. Most people did in the 80’s to the 90’s. We should all have a lot more skin cancer. To the decision by the EU there’s a lot of chemicals that is banned for environmental protection. There’s colors that we can’t use in tattoos. I think that’s fine. If something is potentially harmful I can’t see the point of having it around.