Can Laser Hair Removal Change the Way You Smell?

The Doctors discuss the claims of one woman who thinks underarm laser hair removal gave her body odor that she didn’t have before. But could this really happen?

Subscribe to The Doctors: http://bit.ly/SubscribeTheDrs
Like us on Facebook: http://bit.ly/FacebookTheDoctors
Follow us on Twitter: http://bit.ly/TheDrsTwitter
Follow us on Instagram: http://bit.ly/InstagramTheDoctorsTV
Follow us on Pinterest: http://bit.ly/PinterestTheDrs

About The Doctors:

The Doctors is an Emmy award-winning daytime talk show hosted by ER physician Dr. Travis Stork, plastic surgeon Dr. Andrew Ordon and OB-GYN Dr. Nita Landry.

The Doctors helps you understand the latest health headlines, such as the ice bucket challenge for ALS and the Ebola outbreak; delivers exclusive interviews with celebrities dealing with health issues, such as Lamar Odom, Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham, reality stars Honey Boo Boo and Mama June, and activist Chaz Bono; brings you debates about health and safety claims from agricultural company Monsanto and celebrities such as Jenny McCarthy; and shows you the latest gross viral videos and explains how you can avoid an emergency situation. The Doctors also features the News in 2:00 digest of the latest celebrity health news and The Doctors’ Prescription for simple steps to get active, combat stress, eat better and live healthier.

Now in its eighth season, The Doctors celebrity guests have included Academy Award Winners Sally Field, Barbra Streisand, Jane Fonda, Marcia Gay Harden, Kathy Bates and Marisa Tomei; reality stars from Teen Mom and The Real Housewives, as well as Kris Jenner, Caitlyn Jenner, Melissa Rivers, Sharon Osbourne, Tim Gunn and Amber Rose; actors Jessica Alba, Christina Applegate, Julie Bowen, Patricia Heaton, Chevy Chase, Kristin Davis, Lou Ferrigno, Harrison Ford, Grace Gealey, Cedric the Entertainer, Valerie Harper, Debra Messing, Chris O’Donnell, Betty White, Linda Gray, Fran Drescher, Emmy Rossum, Roseanne Barr, Valerie Bertinelli, Suzanne Somers; athletes Magic Johnson, Apolo Ohno and Danica Patrick; musicians Tim McGraw, Justin Bieber, Clint Black, LL Cool J, Nick Carter, Kristin Chenoweth, Paula Abdul, Gloria Gaynor, La Toya Jackson, Barry Manilow, Bret Michaels, Gene Simmons and Jordin Sparks; and celebrity chefs Wolfgang Puck, Guy Fieri and Curtis Stone.

1. MissDaR81
    MissDaR81 says:

It happened to me too. My armpits are super smooth but, I have to keep a back-up deodorant in my purse. It starts to wear off by midday. I’ve never had to do that before – not even in the summer.

2. Lina Jazzar
    Lina Jazzar says:

What I found is that when u have hair under your arms it produces a b.o smell. With laser removal you do get rid of that hair for good but actually tiny white hairs grow back that are really unnoticeable but they’re the ones that create this smell. And ur stuck with it since you aren’t allowed to shave them

3. carolina alii
    carolina alii says:

After laser hair removal, just after the first treatment and so on. My underarm BO has gotten so bad. I could put deodorant on 3 times a day and it still smells bad

4. Fatemah Ahmed
    Fatemah Ahmed says:

I never experienced B.O in 32 years of my life! Lazer, opened up the pores under my arms and I now know, what B.O really is 😣!!! They have no idea what they're on about!!! Really disappointed

5. xena105
    xena105 says:

I hardly wear deodorant anymore after getting laser hair removal done on my underarms. And if I have a very active day and sweat a lot it does not smell like it used to. So it was a good thing for me. =)

6. T T
    T T says:

I'm very disappointment!!! it can make your odors worse under your arms even if you are a very clean person! it happened to me. I did not usually sweat under my arms and I did not use deodorants (after showering) all the time except when I exercised , because I'm always in air conditioning. Now I have to use deodorant after showering and even if I'm at work, sitting and in air conditioning. and I am a very clean person. Now sometimes I have to go to the bathroom and use deodorant twice a day when I never used it !!

7. Heather Stickland
    Heather Stickland says:

What's just use crispr or whatever is out there that can genetically stop things from happening in your body such as hair growth from head to toe and just get hair plugs I think the best kind of plugs would be a synthetic silk nylon with a medical grade silicone bulb to attach a root and this way we have complete control and don't have to worry about shit the drawback it won't grow the upside you can color it whatever you want have the perfect eyelashes and eyebrows and overtime can change up the styles from longer follicles to Shorter ones it can revolutionize the way we do Society

8. Esin Dirik
    Esin Dirik says:

After lazer hair removal I started to feel more wet in my underpit area because the sweat has nothing to cling and just runs down (sorry if it's a bit disgusting). But I never felt like it caused more smell, I think just the opposite. if you take care of yourself with daily cleaning and deodorants it will never be a problem. and it feels absolutely great not to have a dark underpit and being able to forget about shaving that area.