My nail career began in the mid 80s. I love creating the 80’s style French SQUARE Nail using the products, forms, brushes and I test ACTUAL Nail Polish from the 80’s. Join me for these Step by Step Traditionally made French Nails.

My NEW Nail Forms and Acrylic Brushes are now available – to everyone, both DIY’s and Pro’s! 😀 I also have new surprises in my online store. Check it out:

Follow me on my social media:
__________

Looking for Nail, Skin or Hair Products? Check out Joya Mia’s website and use the Coupon Code: SUZIE to receive 10% OFF anything you purchase in their store.
Disclosure: Suzie’s Nail Career Education Inc. receives a commission from Joya Mia when you use her Discount Code. http://bit.ly/joyamia
__________

Thanks to the talented composers, musicians and producers who created the music used in this video!
00.01 Flourishing Views by Martin Gauffin ◦
23.05 Crystal Fires by David Edward Holden ✫
24.10 Someone New by Lupus Nocte, Zorro ◦
27.28 Stompin’ Feet by The Basic Game ◦
28.20 Alienated by ELFL ◦
29.46 VHS Hero by Lofive ◦
◦ Music courtesy of Epidemic Sound
✫ Music courtesy of Audio Network Canada Inc.

Video Chapters:
00:00 Intro to 80’s
05:29 Nail Prep and Forming
08:08 Acrylic Application
18:15 Shaping
24:11 Finishing
27:27 Testing 30 Year Old Polish
29:48 Reveal Photos

1. Cathy Smith
    Cathy Smith says:

What an Awesome video!! Back in the 80's I never played around with acrylic. I used polish, markers, finger paint, stickers. Still can't get the stickers to stay on, lol. I did a lot of free hand drawing. The music was the best,not to thrilled with today's music.
    Suzie, my dear friend, you're files, apron,forms and dappen dish is the best investment I made this year!! Now I need to stock up!😁
    Be safe my dear Friends ❤💋

2. Erin S.
    Erin S. says:

The pinch with these forms were done by cutting another form and making a bridge underneath when the forms were too small to touch or even not sticky enough which was an issue in my hot climate. Ps this method was done into the late 90’s and even into the early 2000’s but instead of forms tips moved in its place.

3. Blah Blee
    Blah Blee says:

38 yrs ago when I was just licensed nail tech Lite Finger taught to pink first in almond shape and white after. Now what year did you say you were doing French?

4. Thy Nguyen
    Thy Nguyen says:

follow me on instagram @asiannailboy, I have been a nailtech for 6 months and promise to continue to give out quality nail contents.

5. Christina Matzen
    Christina Matzen says:

Oh man. This was like a blast from the past. I started getting my nails done in the late 80’s and my nail tech Sandi wouldn’t do pink and whites at all and I never knew why. Now I know why! Natural acrylic with polish over the top. 26 years later I went to nail school for my second career and went to booth rent in the salon I went to for those 26 years. I got to introduce them to gel polish and hard gel, new e files and everything. It’s been a lot of fun watching Sandi get dragged kicking and screaming into the new nail world 😂 I do have one client I inherited from a tech that retired, I can’t talk her into anything gel and I work mainly in hard gel. She’s my one acrylic client and she wants regular polish and top coat and that’s it 😂

6. marszenka
    marszenka says:

I'm really curious! Do you remember the first time you could get a color that wasn't pink, red, or white? When and what was it? (Blue, green, glitter, purple)? This is fascinating.

7. She Who Knows All
    She Who Knows All says:

🤔 I wish I could time warp back to the 80's and tell 1980's Suzie she can color her clear acrylic any shade she wants, all she needs is some chalk pastels! Lol 😂 Loving the classic pink & whites!! ☺️👍

8. Lizzy Hiebert
    Lizzy Hiebert says:

This is so cool! I was born in the 80s and I started doing my nails in the mid 90s and it’s cool to see how beauty have changed over the years.

9. Lydia Johnson
    Lydia Johnson says:

I was trying to clear stuff out of a drawer a few months ago and found some really old nail polish. Some of it had dried up and some hadn't, but I haven't tried it to see if it would still work. I threw out the dry polish, but I could still try the ones that looked OK.

10. G G
    G G says:

Nothing to make fun of and laugh about the 80's. My mom was a young woman in the 80's and she rocked it. I love looking at the pictures and the crazy styles 🙂

11. Anya M. Rocha
    Anya M. Rocha says:

Loved this video Suzie! Was 13 in 1980. My mom was super strict so I didn't even wear coloured nail polish until after I graduated from high school. My very first set of acrylic nails was in 1986 when I was running for Queen Silver Star (beauty pageant in Vernon BC). Lee press on nails were huge back then, but they kept falling off. So my first set cost me $60, which was a lot back then, and they were clear. I never liked the pink, white French ones. Kept them long enough to have 2 fills. They tore up my natural nails so bad. My tech filed everything by hand. I didn't even know they had e-files back then. When she accidentally caught my nail with hers after applying polish (she was almost done), I thought she was going to have to start all over. She had this cool trick, where she put some oil on the messed up part, and pushed the polish back down, and smoothed it out without leaving any fingerprints, and you couldn't even tell it had been gouged out. After the damage, I stayed away from enhancements until Kiss came out with the DIY acrylic kits in the 90's. Loved this trip down memory lane. The hair, the clothes (I still have a lot of my 80's clothes in vacuum bags in the closet), the jewelry! So much fun.

12. Tastykake83
    Tastykake83 says:

I was born in 83 so I wasnt getting my nails done in the 80s..but damn I love the throwback pink and white look idc..its funny cuz ppl.talk down on it but I do it occasionally and I get SO MANY compliments when im.in public lmao

13. Christa l
    Christa l says:

In the 90s I used to love French square nails! Actually Suzie you used to do my nails sometimes 💕 I haven't had nails for years and now I want a set again after watching your videos 😁😁

14. karen walker
    karen walker says:

I still love a Rolodex! Lol This was a great idea for a video! Brought back so many great memories since I started getting my acrylic nails done when I was 16 in 1982-83! I love you and Cameraman’s ideas ! Love you so much Susie! I loved everything about the 80’s and I do see things coming back around from then. I still love square curved nails and it took a long time for me to change my nail shape to today’s shapes! I remember buffing with the white block and using an oil with a chamois buffer end we’d get a brilliant high shine, not always needing a top coat, but wow, what a BLAST FROM THE PAST! They look gorgeous!

15. Ria C
    Ria C says:

I was allowed to get my first set of acrylic nails for my sweet sixteen in the 80s , the color I got them painted was mauve. I remember looking at them and feeling so grown up. Then I had a hard time doing basic every day things , like dial the phone, lol

16. Jessica Pierson
    Jessica Pierson says:

My aunt Kristie that my dad’s brother , uncle Chuck, married, when she first joined the family In probably the early 90s had nails maybe 1/4 inch past her fingertips, rounded square, and orangey red. That was probably the most exotic thing I had ever seen at the time (I was in kindergarten LOL). To this day my all-time favorite nail is a square orange red nail on myself. And it always makes me think of aunt Kristie. Super love the sharp square as you put it and the pink and whites. Pretty nails just make me happy so your videos make me happy. 🙂

17. pamela kitchens
    pamela kitchens says:

My nails are weak right now I soaked off solar nails a week ago and have been keeping oil on them they aren’t sensitive just thin .2 of them came off very short can see nubs on them should I put ridge filler on or nail hardener What are my options?

18. Sheri Hardaway
    Sheri Hardaway says:

I loved this video. U took me down memory lane. I'm an 80's person myself. I loved my nails square but rounded though. Those sharp edges were dangerous 😳😬 😆