In this video, you will learn how to create a skincare routine with The Ordinary products.

The Ordinary recently updated their website, so it looks different now. However, if you are a bit overwhelmed you can still access my old guide by clicking on the link below. (It is a web archive; give it 30 seconds to a minute to load ❤️)

The Ordinary Regimen Guide (old version): https://web.archive.org/web/20210204024038/https://theordinary.deciem.com/regimenguide

The Ordinary Regimen Guide (new version same information with a new look):

If you are new to skincare you can also use the new “Regimen Builder”:

You cannot buy products through the old website due to the changes; you need to access the new website to buy them.

Happy skin-caring!

Disclaimer: My videos are not sponsored and there are no affiliate links. The products that I use in my videos are ones that I have purchased at my own expense. I believe they are worth the cost.

I can’t guarantee that a particular product will work for you. If you are concerned about a product, please consult a local dermatologist. It is always possible to be unknowingly allergic to an ingredient, even if you are very careful!

1. Melissa Van Dijk
    Melissa Van Dijk says:

The Ordinary Regimen Guide (new version same information with a new look):

If you are new to skincare you can also use the new "Regimen Builder":

Happy skin-caring!

2. aivyls12 Ben
    aivyls12 Ben says:

Hi Melissa, I have a SA cerave cleanser, can I use it in the morning and go in with alpha arbutin and azelaic acid next?

Or can I use the glycolic acid in the evening then apply the alpha arbutin and azelaic acid but with a gentle cleanser? Thanks!

3. La Petite
    La Petite says:

Hi Melissa! Thanks for your videos it has really helped me picking the right products for my skin concerns. I think I finally found a routine but I was wondering if I'm using too much products ?
    My am routine after cleansing would be: salicylic acid, caffeine serum, niacinamide, alpha arbutin, moisturizer and squalane
    It's basically the same for the pm except that I use the lactic acid and the rosehip oil
    Do I need to remove some serums or is it okay to layer them all like I do?
    Thanks ! 😊

4. SabrinaSam
    SabrinaSam says:

I am a beginner user and your videos are definitely helpful! I just love the way you explained everything! Thank you so much ❤️🌹

5. Saadah Yusof
    Saadah Yusof says:

Hello Melissa 👋🏻 which The Ordinary product can take care of my acne scars? I’ve been using Niacinamide, Retinol, Azelaic Acid,and Toning Solution for like 4 months now… And they’re all really helped kill my active acne, but now it left with scars on my skin.. Should I add more The Ordinary product? Like vit c? Or maybe Hyaluronic Acid😅 please notice me🥰🥰 I really need your help 🤗

6. Tam Vo
    Tam Vo says:

Hello! I'm a huge fan of yours, love your videos❤️ I'm still confused of what products I should get.

I have combination skin, it gets super oily even in the winter after a moisturizer but after a cleanser its dry and flaky. I also have redness throughout my skin and little bumps on my forehead. My pores are also pretty clogged.

My skincare routine is horrible. In the mornings I just wash my face with water and then put a moisturizer. In the evenings I cleanse my face with a clensing foam and then add moisturizer.

I watched your videos and according to them I should get these products that are in my cart.
    – hyaluronic acid
    – niacinamide
    – mandelic acid

I already have purchased the glycolic acid 7% toning solution but haven't used it all. I'm also very interested in buying the organic cold-pressed borage seed oil and the plant-derived hemi-squalane. Can they be included to the routine and if they are, in which order I should use all these? Please can you help me.

7. Yanyan ahmad
    Yanyan ahmad says:

Can I use common lab triple vita balancing toner with niacinamide 10%+zinc 1% retinol 0.2% in squalane and triple vita balancing cream by common lab at night? I have glycolic acid toner too but many suggest not to wear it everyday..

8. Penny
    Penny says:

This has been the most informative video I have found in the explanation of the ordinary skin care regimen Thank you for this video.

9. Nour nabil
    Nour nabil says:

Melissa pleasee replyyyy.. first thank you so so so much for all your videos You are the best Please help me in my new skincare routine because I am really new with the ordinary products
    So basically I've been using the niacinamide serum from the ordinary for three months and today I bought Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% and the Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA Because I want to get rid of my red Scars.
    I used to
    wash my face
    apply rosewater toner
    then apply the niacinamide serum
    and then moisturizer every AM and PM
    But now after buying the two others serums that I mentioned it I feel lost I don't know how to use them in my routine so please please help me and advise me and thank you so much again I hope you reply

10. Fiona Mandia
    Fiona Mandia says:

I love how you're so responsive to your viewers and commenters😍 even though you have a lot of subscribers already. You make time for commenters like me. We appreciate that we're being noticed, thank you ❤️
    More power to your channel and the skincare routine video is very informative and helpful 😍❤️

I subscribed 🥰♥️

11. Karen Maslow
    Karen Maslow says:

this was very helpful. my skin concerns are active breakouts and dark spots from the acne. occasionally my forehead and chin get a little bumpy and every now and then ill get oily skin. was wondering if you could give me your opinion on my routine

cleanser – cerave

toner – alternate every other day with glycolic acid from the ordinary and thayers unscented toner (mixed opinions but i have no problems with it)

niacinamide 10% + zinc 1%

cera ve moisturizer

i just ordered the lactic acid 5% from the ordinary and im guessing that would go before the niacinamide ?

12. dmdt Mendoza
    dmdt Mendoza says:

This video was great! Very helpful. I do have a question.. Is it okay to use more then one of their serums in one regimen if theyre non conflicting serums? Or should i stick to one?

13. Mary Camaya
    Mary Camaya says:

hey melissa, i need help on what the ordinary products I should use as i am unsure on which is suitable for my skin. my skin type is dry and somewhat sensitive so please me on which i should use in order. thank you

14. Alexandra Benda
    Alexandra Benda says:

Hey Melissa, thank you for this great, in depth video :)💕
    I want to start a Routine with "the ordinary" products, but I'm still a bit overwhelmed 😅 so i wanted to ask you for advice: i have acne-prone and dry skin. I want to get rid of the redness and the breakouts. As well as my textured skin and large pores..could you give me some advice on what products would be best for me?
    Thank you in advance for your response ☺️

15. Fadil Muniir
    Fadil Muniir says:

Please can it also be used by men? I have skin problems and I don’t know a thing about skincare. I fell on your video which is well detailed and I want to follow your method of application. Reason I’m asking if it’s viable also to men

16. fastestbuckaroo _
    fastestbuckaroo _ says:

hiii melissa, hope you're doing good. i've been wondering if i can use niacinamide, vitamin c, alpha arbutin and hyaluronic acid together in my skin care routine. also i'd appreciate it if you could form an am and pm skincare regime for me with the above mentioned products. thank you.

17. Eugenia Salim
    Eugenia Salim says:

So, I'm totally new with this skincare. I'm hopeless with my freckles and acne scars. I bought hyaluronic acid 2%, vit c 23% + HA spheres 2% and also azelaic acid suspension 10%.

Bought all those because reviews look legit.. however now that i saw your video, I'm not sure I'm doing it right.
    And I'm afraid to make mistakes because it's regarding face. 😵😵

Do you mind helping me out since I'm so lost now.. should I return the items I got?
    Thank you in advance!

18. Mallorie Allan
    Mallorie Allan says:

so i just bought the caffeine solution and i see we should apply it after cleanser. my routine right now is cerave cleanser, panoxyl face wash and then the cerave moisturizer. would i apply the serum after the cleanser and then wash it off with the face wash or apply it after the face wash?

19. kawish memon
    kawish memon says:

Hello melissa
    I have oily un even skin tone.i use glamglow masks and aztec clay mask and bodyshop cleansers
    I have never used the ordinary products and any acids..but recently i bought mandelic acid niacinamide caffeine solution and natural moisturising factor..vit c 23% suspension and ordinary cleanser.can u plz guide me the regime..jow to use these products with my already purchased glamglow masks

20. M Punkt
    M Punkt says:

I thought oils should always be applied last? Because of their sealing function. Every skincare channel recommends that but why is it with the ordinary products different ?

21. Slm Jim
    Slm Jim says:

Hi so I recently bought these products- Niacinamide 10% + zinc 1%, aha 30% + bha 2% peeling solution, hyaluronic acid 2% + b5, azelaic acid suspension 10%, alpha arbutin 2% + ha, vitamin C suspension 23% ha spheres 2% and a cleanser and a moisturizer so can you please tell my my routine cause i cant figure out what to use with what

22. Sara
    Sara says:

Thank you, this is so helpful! I wanted to ask – I’m using cleanser, glycolic acid, hyaluronic acid then moisturiser. I know you’re supposed to use hyaluronic acid on damp skin, but that would mean I’m applying it on top of glycolic acid, and I don’t want to wash that off. What can I do here?

23. Alicia Perez
    Alicia Perez says:

Finally I bought the products, I received them and tried to create a regimen for a.m and p.m . Can you recommend to me the steps on how to use the products?
    Pleaseeeee.
    The Ordinary

100% Niacinamide Powder – Mandelic Acid 10% + HA -, Argireline Solution 10% – , Argireline Solution 10% – , Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion , Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% – 30m, EUK 134 0.1% – 30ml, Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% , Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 , Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone, AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution,

I’m looking for a good sunscreen that doesn't leave a white cast on medium Skin Tones, My skin is a combination /oily with some large pores and pigmentation.