In today’s video, Greg shows during a live session, all the key points to understanding gel when you’re first using this new material, everything from consistency, to overlaying, and how to treat self leveling gel.

Young Nails manufactures the highest quality professional nail care products (acrylic, hard gel, gel polish, nail art, nail polish, nail accessories, nail files, etc) in the world. To learn the nail application in all of the forms – acrylic, gel, nail art, etc – watch our videos for extreme education. We offer nail education out of our Anaheim, CA facility. Contact us for details info@youngnails.com
_
For more instruction on all applications (Acrylic, Gel, Nail Art, etc), please go to our Youtube Nail School playlist.

Find all Nail School Videos Here:
_
Subscribe Here: https://www.youtube.com/youngnailsinc?sub_confirmation=1

Instagram: @youngnailsinc
Facebook: @youngnailsinc
Snapchat: @youngnailsinc
Website: https://www.youngnails.com
Podcast: https://www.youngnails.com/podcast
_
“How do two brothers get into the nail care business?” This is the single most common question people ask us. There’s a long and rocky version but we’ll give you the short one. We have our fearless and unconventional mother, Young Salo, to thank. With a single-minded entrepreneurial spirit, she decided to start her own business at the age of 49. She had a passion for the nail industry and we did everything in our power to support her. In the end, this is a family business.

Greg, the older brother, became a licensed nail technician after switching gears from fire fighter’s training. He is energy personified and has a true passion for developing the best professional nail care products and education. Habib is the younger brother. He jumped in a few years later; taking a detour from medical school and a life in music. He brings his own creative mind for business, marketing and strategy. Unexpectedly, we are a perfect team.

Today, more than 20 years later, Young Nails Inc., is a professional nail care manufacturing company exporting to over 40 countries worldwide and distributing domestically to over 3000 stores. We’re respected for our next-level product innovation and education. Our mission is to bring you the best quality products and we’ll show you how to use them with incredible results. It’s really that simple.

Welcome to the Young Nails family!

#YoungNails
#nailschool
#gelnails
#verticalvideo

1. Taylor Archibald
    Taylor Archibald says:

I don't understand the 'pillow ' with the base. Why do you do a pillow of the base rather than make it smooth? I'm learning even fter learning from school so I'm just curious. It doesn't make sense as.i see that as an extra little thickness of gel. Please explain. I love your videos I just don't get an extra cushion there

2. Cbabc N
    Cbabc N says:

Omg. Y’all don’t even know how badly I wish I could learn from Greg. Like right there, front and center. He is the epitome of nails nails nails.
    I love you Greg!!

3. Lide Knowles
    Lide Knowles says:

The LORD don't like us to use foul languages. Your work is awesome, but please don't use foul languages. Keep up the good work and GOD BLESS you and your family ❤

4. Antoinette Gutierrez
    Antoinette Gutierrez says:

This product seems to be great I haven't e nails for over 15 yrs but have kept up my license hoping one day to once again be able to something I loved doing for 15 ys before I got injured in a job I took for insurance purposes, I had a child, so I often use to come home at 1:15 PM and start doing nails until 8PM. I have missed out on all the new stuff, gels, acrylic colors but I only live on my disability check of less than $800.00, paying Bill's and insurance plus cell phones. I hope to buy one color at a time in acrylic n then work on your gels. Great work, the comments are pretty great.

5. Gigi Labrador
    Gigi Labrador says:

I’ve always done my nails growing up in the Philippines. I just started doing gel nail polish at home. I’m a baker and cook constantly, I noticed that the polish from the edges comes off faster than I would like to. What can i do to make it last longer? Thank you for all your videos.

6. C P
    C P says:

What am I doing wrong?
    80% of time I can file/ blend tip to natural nail perfectly. However, I destroy the other 20% of tips. They get holes , & I have to remove.
    Im very gentle & use hand file.
    Could it be tips are old or I am doing something wrong?🙁

7. Kristine Noffsinger
    Kristine Noffsinger says:

This is so helpful!! Thank you so much for these videos!! My Amazon efile is on its way along with other nail supplies!! 😁👌😍💜❤ I have a practice hand that didn't come with its nails but oh well.lol I definitely want your protein bond! I've heard its the best! 💋💋💋

8. Mels *
    Mels * says:

Thank you for such detailed instructions!! I’ve been doing my own nails for the past 4 years now and some of these techniques I’ve never thought to do!

9. AprilDeMarco
    AprilDeMarco says:

BTW I teach art to special needs students at a NY BOCES program. Special needs includes primarily our minority groups with low socio economic status. I wished our young men who are super artistic could feel courage to enter the world of nail technician. You are an inspiring model. If you plan to come to NY and want to do some good face time please be in touch.

10. zanovia Washington
    zanovia Washington says:

Why Enroll in a nail course when I can watch Young Nails YouTube videos,. You Guys Rock!! I’ve learned so much from your videos. I get compliments on my nail a lot just by what I’ve learned from Young Nails alone!!

11. zanovia Washington
    zanovia Washington says:

I absolutely Love Love ❤️ watching your videos and I am also a loyal customer. I’m Self taught nails fanatic for over 25 yrs. I have Never tried Gel but strongly considered using it. After watching this video skiing with a free other videos by Young nails. My next purchase will definitely be a gel kit, plus my usual monomer restock🥰 I thought this video would just be another learning experience (great learning experience per usual) but when he mentioned the Black Lives Matter movements it almost took me out! In a good way🥰

12. C Mayo
    C Mayo says:

Oh boy! I have not watched many gel application videos bc I didn't have hard gel. Guess who got hard gel in their mystery box!
    You guys are great for sharing the way you do! 🥰😁

13. suncreekgal1
    suncreekgal1 says:

I’m 69 soon to be 70 and I’m doing my own nails. I’m slow but do get a lot of good comments. I’m right handed so having to use my left is really slow but doable. Love your videos. Really helps me a lot. I’ve been able to purchase some of your products on amazon. Sooo happy about that. Can’t get your tube gel or drill and since I’m not a qualified tech can’t buy through a supplier in Canada. I’d like to make it clear I do not work on anyone else just me. But thanks again for your helpful videos.

14. missbindiboop
    missbindiboop says:

Can you explain how/why California says we can't work out of the pot (of gel) but yet we can use gel polish or lacquer polish in a bottle? Gel polosh doesn't hold or grow bacteria and neither does builder gel in a pot.