Watch this video to see my minimalist makeup routine, and which products I use for my everyday makeup look. I fight oily skin, so I share my particular face wash and moisturizer. With oily skin, I have sensitive skin and acne-prone skin. In this video, I share two Dermalogica products that have helped me keep my skin clear for years.

I have never been one to collect loads of makeup – or wear loads of makeup – so I’ve naturally been a minimalist about makeup. I choose a natural makeup look and try to keep the products I use and recommend to a minimum.

Affiliate Links:

4 Things I Wish I Knew as a New Minimalist:

Minimalist Life Update:

6 Steps of a Kitchen Declutter to Minimalism:

Toy Declutter and Minimalism:
___________________________________________________
Music: Epidemic Sound
Photos: Canva (or my own)
___________________________________________________

Let’s Connect More!
Website: www.ericalucasloves.com
Inquiries: ericalucaslovescoffee@gmail.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ericalucasloves
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ericalucasloves
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ericalucaslovescoffee/
Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/ericalucas

Begin and Believe LLC
c/o Erica Lucas
3553 West Chester Pike
Box #301
Newtown Square, PA 19073

FTC Disclaimer: I may receive some products in exchange for my honest review. My opinions are my own and are not influenced by brand, person, or company. Please note that some links may be affiliate links, and I earn a commission from your purchase. These links share products at no extra cost to you.

1. Aubrey-Rose Stacy
    Aubrey-Rose Stacy says:

these brushes are so cool! I've been looking for something just like this and I'm excited to get one while also supporting what you do. I would recommend you get a couple more eye shadow brushes meant for your crease! they are bigger and will help you blend out better and more easily. i like the brand eco tools. thank you for continuing to share your life with us!

2. Brittany Dawson
    Brittany Dawson says:

I would recommend trying primer, foundation, concealer, bronzer, contour, then blush and highlight, then apply lighter eyeshadow on the lid, light brown shadow slightly higher than your natural crease (for the hooded lids) then eyeliner and mascara. Also elf has some really decent eyeshadow brushes for only $1. My local dollar tree has them also. Using such a small shadow brush will make it splotchy and harder to blend. I also love that lip color on you and don’t think you need a lip liner! Only trying to help, I love you and your videos! 💕

3. 2aeng
    2aeng says:

Love your simplicity. Your make up does not need to be so elaborate though. After the BB cream & concealer, just some mascara, blush & lipstick would be sufficient & if you want to define your brows a brown eye shadow on an angled brush would do. Try it for a more minimalistic approach. For my everyday work schedule I just use CC cream, brush my eyebrows, & use a lipstick.

4. Carol Symington
    Carol Symington says:

Lip liner helps to prevent the lipstick from bleeding into any fine lines around your lips. They make clear products if you don’t want it to show. I’ve been having my brows threaded for years as it is not as harsh as waxing or as time consuming as tweezing. Never to early to add a retinol to nighttime routine.

5. Keelienne
    Keelienne says:

I know this is typical american, but why do you need to have the water running while you are working the clinique stuff into your skin? Also so many people do this while cleaning.. I am sorry but I don’t get that. Drinkable Water is so very precious, and those habits are so very wasteful and, in my opinion, respectless towards nature.

I really don’t want to be offensive, but this behavior is so mindless to me. I would love if you could change it and maybe even become an advocate for saving water and mention it in one of your videos.

Apart from that I like what you do and your mindset, and that you are so honest and talk about your struggles too!

6. 2 campbell
    2 campbell says:

I enjoyed this video! You are fortunate to look good with or without makeup! Back in the day, I used cosmetics as a fun way to change up my appearance, but now, I keep it simple. That whole blush, contour and highlighter part was funny and impressive! You get a lot of advice already, the only thing I would add is to rethink if your skin is actually oily. I can't tell from here, I'm in Texas. A smart friend can tell you, once you can get closer than 6 feet to her. 😄 Acne happens to all skin types. Best to use a good moisturizer if it's appropriate.

7. Catrina Rich
    Catrina Rich says:

You are adorable. Your mom shout out was so sweet. She did a great job on that bag. That blending blush looks great. I love soft brushes.
    I noticed you changed the strokes between cheeks while putting on the blush. I'm not sure it was to much blush or how you changed the stroke. I know it's a work in progress. It always is with new things. You might need to stick with your brushes for more accuracy on where you want it. Blend, blend, blend. I start at the back and work forward. I hope that makes sense.
    Pulling on your eyes is really hard on the delicate skin. I've heard that it can break the tiny blood vessels and cause dark circles. I'm not sure if it's true though.
    I have hooded eyes also. I would recommend closing your eyes completely while blending gently. Don't be afraid to use more shadow. Blend, blend, blend with your eyeshadow brush. If you get any eye shadow on your cheeks use that nice blender to wipe it off. I do my eyeliner and mascara last cause I always seem to get some on my eyelids and it's way easier to get off with eyeshadow on. I put my eyeliner on opposite. I push the liner towards my nose with my eye closed then use a smudger to smooth the line or my finger depending on what's available. Haha. Give it a try and see what you think. I've done this many times without a mirror. I even did it on the school bus when I was in high school without a mirror. Crazy huh. LOL. You just got to practice using your senses.
    By the way. I think you look lovely just the way you are without make up.

8. Helen Wicks
    Helen Wicks says:

Love hearing you say my Mom made this bag for me. My Mum is 85 and still sews, she has made my last two handbags and lots of other things in my house.

9. Elizabeth B
    Elizabeth B says:

You always look beautiful.
    The only thing I would change is use even less make-up, but that is far more a reflection of my can't-be-bothered just chapstick and sometimes mascara life than it is any of your choices. 😊

10. Maryann Horner
    Maryann Horner says:

You’re boo-tee-ful !!! Thanks so much for sharing this, once I can start spending again I’m gonna have to try out those brushes. I too ❤️ Clinique products but have gotten away from them in recent years because of cost 😩

11. Febe Seys
    Febe Seys says:

Small tip. If you have oily skin it can help to use some setting powder. ☺️ If I use some setting powder in the morning I don’t need touch ups during the day, saves me some time 😊

12. Doris H
    Doris H says:

I love that you only take sponsorships for things you really like and use! And this brush is the first sponsored product i saw that i really consider buying, i love practical things 🙂 also keep on making videos, I'm addicted to your channel, you're inspiring <3 🙂

13. Christine Doran
    Christine Doran says:

Ordered my foundation brush, I appreciate the code, It takes a lot for me to make a purchase, but this is just what I have been hoping to find, I really use very little make up, just a little light foundation, mascara, and lipstick, it’s funny as I have gotten older I use less and less makeup

14. suedefringe
    suedefringe says:

I was never a huge makeup person (especially when I was young and cute without it !😂) but these days I rarely wear anything unless I'm "going out". You know maybe lunch or dinner with a friend etc. Even then I do very little. Mascara, some very muted eyeliner, and some kind of mute lipstick or lip gloss. But lately I am feeling more like I need some foundation. Starting to get "spots" on my face. Was going to go to the dermatologist but then I broke my ankle 😂🤣