In this video, I’ll show you how to create an easy curly hair updo. Since I have curly hair myself, I decided to do this style on myself to show it can be done by anybody at home. All you need to pull this off is a few bobby pins, some hairspray, and of course some curls 🙂 If you don’t have naturally curly hair, don’t worry because this curly updo will also work with straight hair that’s been recently curled with a curling iron or hot rollers.

The basic idea of this curly hair updo is create a look that is somehat tasseled, but still soft and elegant, that complements the messy nature of curly hair.

Please let me know what you think in the youtube comments, and if you would like to support my videos, please ‘like’ the video and subscribe to my youtube channel, both of which help my credibility with the youtube search engine! Hope you enjoy!

To learn more about me and what I do, please visit my website at bloomhairstudio.com.

Music: “AcidJazz” by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com)

Name of the track: AcidJazz

Artist of the track: Kevin MacLeod

Direct URL of the track:

Link to the license terms:

1. N K
    N K says:

I have no time in the morning to shower, leaving home before 6am, please make a video, how to refresh my hair with no shower thanks

2. Christine Horwath
    Christine Horwath says:

I know this is a very old video but I used to hate my natural curls but because of doing updos on myself I have actually done all of my friends hair for weddings and proms etc wout any real training and they love it 😍!

3. Suz
    Suz says:

It looks fabulous, great tutorial, I'm fed up wearing my hair in just a bun on top of my head, always wondered how to do this, is it necessary for all the hairspray, my hair is quite fine and I'd be scared of knots? TFS 🙂

4. Haiivaii
    Haiivaii says:

i really like your tutorial! and u should deffinitely keep doing it. but pleaase cut your dead ends and leave the chemical hairspray… i know as a curly women myself it is hard for the hair to stay in plaxe this way… but it's a lot healthier for your hair! cause it's only getting thinner this way

5. Hunter Baker
    Hunter Baker says:

Finally!!  This is the FIRST tutorial I have EVER seen/used that actually turned out EXACTLY like the video said it would.  Thank you, Tasha!!!  You just made this curly-headed girl very happy!

6. Sarah Nasra
    Sarah Nasra says:

Is there a type of stronger tool/stronger type of bobby pins to use? I have so much hair it would be tough to pin them down with a few bobby pins unless I sectioned my hair into many, many smaller sections.

7. Tilly Wesson
    Tilly Wesson says:

thanks, i hate hairdressers doing my hair as they insist on washing it and its better when not washed have watched this a few times and can hopefully do it,

8. Monica Giove
    Monica Giove says:

Tasha! Thanks so much for this video.  My hair is about as curly as yours. It is not quite touching my shoulders.  Not quite long enough for a ponytail.  The way you broke this down I can now finally put it up.  Can't wait to try!

9. Kathryn Lutfy
    Kathryn Lutfy says:

Just what I was looking for.  I have a charity fashion show tomorrow night and it is going to rain.  Can't do much with my hair when it rains!  Thanks for the video!

10. Julie Newman
    Julie Newman says:

Liked the video very much!  I, too, was interested in why you feel the need to use hairspray before you put up your hair?  Does it somehow help it stay better?  Or provide volume?  I have actually never used hairspray on my hair. I have very curly, very fine, shoulder length hair.

I, too, would love to see some ideas on putting up the hair when wet.  Thank you!

11. Jackie Ward
    Jackie Ward says:

What are you using to pin it? bobby pins or something else? its looks so pretty that way and I have long very curly hair! I would really like to try this hairstyle. Right now i can only wear it about 2 ways, down and up in a bun!

12. Tasha Arnall
    Tasha Arnall says:

I love hairspray, and especially the osis session hairspray because it doesn't leave me feeling or looking like a helmet. It's not sticky at all.
    It's up to you how much hairspray you need 🙂

13. Tasha Arnall
    Tasha Arnall says:

I use Malibu shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair.
    I also like the "love" shampoo and conditioner made by the same people who make 'Marakesh oil'
    Basically curly hair needs a more moisturizing shampoo because it's naturally dry to begin with
    Hope the helps 😉

14. Tasha Arnall
    Tasha Arnall says:

I probably wash my hair 2-3 times a week…I don't mind the 'dirtiness' from the hairspray, it gives me more volume.
    I do rinse my hair everyday and put conditioner through it on the days I don't shampoo, that helps get some of the product out.