Hey Science Babes! You sent me this video of Bella Thorne’s skincare routine put out by Harper’s BAZAAR and asked me to react to it. Original video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTqQLTvJLAQ

I want to start off by saying I think Bella Thorne is a cool person and very talented. Her skincare routine has a few red flags for me and it is a good opportunity for some DIY skincare do’s and dont’s. I’d like to stress this has nothing to do with her as a person, but simply the products she is putting on her face.

Connect with me on Instagram @kennawhitnell

My skincare line: www.altilisbeauty.com
Connect with Altilis Beauty on Instagram @altilisbeauty

1. Footstool Green
    Footstool Green says:

This is so much better than Susan Yara's nonsense. Thank you for being forthcoming about your educational background and experience, and yet remaining humble about it. Great video!

2. Faith Sizemore
    Faith Sizemore says:

I'm curious about who this Jennifer is and what her actual creds are. There is no way a dermatologist who went to school and did a residency for dermatology is going to approve this as safe and healthy.

3. Death Omen
    Death Omen says:

I don't understand how Bella thinks playing chemist when she does her "skincare routine" is a good plan. I thought skincare routines were supposed to be calming for your skin and your wallet. Girl be wastin money on honey and cherries like wtf–

4. Amber Ross
    Amber Ross says:

she's not seeing the damage she's doing to her skin…yet.  she's 22 years old.  her skin hasn't had time to really age yet.  one day she will see what all this goofy "skincare" did and did not do.  that rubbing under her eyes especially.  rubbing under her eyes at all much less with a sugar scrub.  our skin is fairly forgiving when we are very young, and 22 is very young.  but it becomes more like a picky bitch when we get older.  she's getting by with this because she has very youthful young skin.  so she thinks it's working wonderfully.  but trust me, she will regret all this one day.

5. DarkPhoenix168
    DarkPhoenix168 says:

This is what drives me nuts with the "all natural" crap people spew. We are all chemicals. Chemicals are the building blocks of life. This "no chemicals" is nothing but lies. Plus, cyanide is all natural. It's toxic. All natural doesn't mean healthy and chemical free. It's all bull.

6. Brandy McNamee
    Brandy McNamee says:

Moral of the story: Celebrities are for entertainment purposes only. Whether it's skincare, healthcare, exercise, diet, medicine, politics, or just any and everything that can be even slightly categorized as 'Bullshit-Woo-Woo,' (Gwyneth Paltrow has left the chat) it doesn't matter because, by and large, those who reside in the Land of LaLa can't even find their own asses with two hands, a flashlight and an entourage, much less dole out information that could even remotely be considered "useful." So, for the love of sanity and common sense, please don't look to celebrities for advice.

On anything.

Ever.

7. Wonderfunfilms
    Wonderfunfilms says:

I really love your style! You're extremely polite and respectful to bella even tho you're probably cringing. I honestly hate seeing reviews where the people tear the people they are watching apart in a rude way. Subscribing girl:)

8. PlatinumCyGirl
    PlatinumCyGirl says:

That Bella girl is a dumbass, I never heard of her either and come on shes wearing 2 luxury watches that should be enough to tell you she dont know what she's talking about 🤔

9. currently
    currently says:

I use African black soap to wash my face, then I put on rosewater and I put coconut oil and it helped MY skin but when I stopped my skin was oily or dry and I broke out, not bad just more blackheads or whiteheads but that's because I also stopped washing my face☠️

10. Brianna Gordy
    Brianna Gordy says:

Fairly sure high amounts of sugar actually kill bacteria because it dehydrates them. Isn't it lower amounts of sugar that feed? I swear I hear this somewhere in one of my astrobiology classes. That super high sugar content sucks all the water out of the Bactria, dehydrating it. I could be super wrong though and misremembering.

11. JLH
    JLH says:

For like a year, I kept getting angular chelitis on the corners of my mouth and after watching this video, I thought, “maybe the lip sugar scrub is what’s causing it.” I was on antibiotics and anti fungal creams and nothing got rid of it. Last time I scrubbed my lips, I got it again.

But since I stopped using lip sugar scrubs, VOILA! No more cuts! No more angular chelitis. Haven’t had any issues. Never again!