Laser Hair Removal

A historically accurate (okay, now I feel old LOL) makeup tutorial based on the popular beauty trends of the 1990s! What’s your most beloved 90s memory/trend?

Catch the Historically Accurate series here:

Where do you want to go next?!
Popular comment gets the vote! 😉

♥ PRODUCTS USED ♥

EYES
– Hard Candy eyeshadow primer
– Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Cream Eyeshadow in ‘Mirage’
– MAC Teddy eyeliner
– MUFE Smokey Extravagant Aqua
– ‘White Lie’ false eyelashes from InkyMinky.com (coming August ’15!)

FACE

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Thank YOU for watching!
XOXO!
Z

1. Amanda Greene
    Amanda Greene says:

Idk if you do requests but if you do can you do a spiky porcupine updo from the 90s it was done on me plenty of times in the late 90s by my dad's gf but idk how to do it on my own

2. cindy pruitt
    cindy pruitt says:

This is so accurate, I actually wore that Revlon lipstick as well as Revlon Toast of New York. Everything went brown based in response to the 80s over colorful makeup. It was must better then the 80s for sure. I still like this although I add more corals, nudes etc. then I did back then. Thanks, you do a gerat job.

3. pb4ugo19
    pb4ugo19 says:

Primer & setting powder/spray have become such a huge thing now in makeup routines. I've just started using primer within the last couple of years.

4. Ellie D74
    Ellie D74 says:

I still use rum raisin; can't give it up. And I still love my mauve/brown shadows; use them for daytime looks all the time. I did ruin my brows, though. They didn't recover from the 'tweezer fever' that had us in it's grip. Great video!

5. emily mulcahy
    emily mulcahy says:

I still own a rum raisin i used in the 90s, i wouldn't put it on now because it's literally 25+ years old, but i am sentimental, it was the one my bestie and i used every day

6. Hailey Collins
    Hailey Collins says:

This is very accurate I still dress from the 90s and early 2000s and do my makeup the same also I still got them thin brows never getting rid of them tho mines aren’t super duper thin just thin great video.

7. Fun Size
    Fun Size says:

I'm not sure beauty blenders even existed in the 90's — I was a teenager, and my friends and I blended everything with our fingers. Everything. Foundation, eye shadow, eyebrow pencil, all of it. Hell, even those little jars of colored lip pomades went on with fingers. Probably horribly unsanitary, but makeup brushes weren't, as I recall, something the average teenager owned, or would even know how to use properly. The only one I had came with the blush. (Funnily enough, I did sort of know how to contour; my cousin taught me how to do it with eye shadow. No highlight, though.)

8. Katie Grooms
    Katie Grooms says:

I miss the 90s so much. I was a kid, not a teen, but of course we kids liked to copy the same trends! When I was 8 years old, I had this sparkly teal mini crimper that I begged my mom for, butterfly clips with moving butterfly wings which were the coolest… couldn’t wear makeup, but it was always about either red or sparkly nail polish. And HAIR GLITTER. Oh and those same braids you’re wearing…. Lisa frank everything…. I didn’t own a bubble chair, but friends did. Desperately wanted my own phone line! … every guy had frosted tips and spiky hair, jerseys down to their ankles, and chains.

I was in middle school in the early 2000s and the trends hadn’t changed too much. No more butterfly clips, but it was still pretty Lizzie McGuire

9. Marilyn DuCrest
    Marilyn DuCrest says:

💄Yes…Vamp was all the rage for lips and nails…had to have it! Wore Rum Raisin lipstick too. My favorite was Lancôme’s Matte Sienne…Ahhh…the good old days! Great video! Very accurate! 💄

10. Kate Sitka
    Kate Sitka says:

I guess this is a 90s look, but it wasn’t what I or anyone around me was wearing in the 90s, with the exception of the dark lips. Heavy kohl liner, mascara, pale foundation, maybe concealer, no blush, if hair was bleached it was dyed another vivid colour. Doc martens, black jeans all summer long, black lip liner, black nail polish.