This is how you do a very elegant french twist on hair that is long, thick, straight and/or heavy and normally wants to fall down when it is put into an updo. Perfect for proms or weddings!

Tools needed: round brush, teasing brush, curling iron (3/4″ to 1″ barrel), 10-15 bobby pins, hair tie, hairspray, and a hair product like mousse, gel or paste. Optional: big flower pin or other accessory, water spray bottle.

I would describe this style as medium to hard difficulty, make sure you do a trial run before your formal event!

Please subscribe to my channel! http://youtube.com/liannelin
More tutorials coming soon!

Check out my other channel too! It has cosplay videos, travel vlogs, dance videos, and basic Chinese lessons on it. http://youtube.com/heylianne

IG: @beautybylianne and @lianne.cosplay

1. Rose Jenson
    Rose Jenson says:

Thanks for making it look easy. I'll keep trying till it looks like your French twist. It's easy if you know how is what I always say. Thanks for your time.

2. Lily Rose
    Lily Rose says:

This woman's hair is not thick or long. My hair is three times the length of this woman's hair but I will give it a go. I don't need to tease my hair ever. I have waves and insane volume.

3. Fiona Fornarina
    Fiona Fornarina says:

Your hair is neither long nor thick. Your creation is not a French Twist but a mixture of two strings put in the opposite direction. A real French Twist is of one hair strand only. And a French Twist doesn't need any hair spray, ponytail-holders or tons of small hair pins either. I really don't understand how this video gets so many likes and clicks. Just for an idle smile at the start and the end?

4. Nicole M.
    Nicole M. says:

Her individual hair strands are probably thick, heavy themselves and yet overall her hair amount may not be excessive…im native/spain decent and my hair is similar. I think this woman is so beautiful and i love her updo! Thank you i found this very helpful.

5. Maggie Ramies
    Maggie Ramies says:

My hair is long and thick and CURLEY! I was able to finally do this updo with some slight modifications. The ponytail is a big help! Thanks! You're gorgeous and have beautiful hair!

6. ruth johnston
    ruth johnston says:

I wore French twist for years, putting it up by twisting it like to you do. but the top piece swirled around is what was missing. it really adds an extra je ne sais quoi, no? I love it. Thank you!

7. Rachelannerox
    Rachelannerox says:

This was SO HELPFUL! and to all those people saying that this isn't thick… It looks a lot less thick than it is. People don't think I have thick hair until they touch it and feel the WEIGHT. Thin strands but I have A Lot of them.