In this Historically Accurate makeup tutorial, we’re going back to the time of Ancient Rome! I’ve done extensive research on the Roman culture and the different ingredients they used in their makeup, as well as how they applied it. Whether you’re going to a costume party and want an accurate look, or you’re just curious about how Ancient Roman women applied their makeup, you’ll love this new installment in the Historically Accurate makeup series! Where do you want to go to next?
MORE Historically Accurate videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuHwdLRLQumAocexBAqVJXtGrZ2pc3cU0

Gold leaf headband found on Etsy here:

PRODUCTS USED
– Ole Henriksen Vitamin Plus
– ‘Sage’ from Stila In The Garden Palette
– LA Girl Eyeliner in Black
– ‘White Lie’ false eyelashes from InkyMinkyLashes.com
– NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Foundation in ‘Ivory’
– Urban Decay Naked Skin in ‘Fair Neutral’
– Wet ‘N Wild Mattifying Powder
– NYX ‘Angel’ blush
– MAC ‘Typographic’ (on brows)

What Am I Wearing?
Dress: MILLY
Lips: Anastasia ‘Vintage’ + Too Faced ‘Melted Sugar’ + NARS ‘Turkish Delight’

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Thank YOU for watching!
XOXO!
Z

1. Saga Poetic
    Saga Poetic says:

Kohl might have also been used for perceived health practices; it's a view held across the way in North Africa. The unibrow look was considered a hallmark of beauty, which persists in some cultures to this day. Great video, thank you. I enjoyed the historical aspect

2. Hawaii
    Hawaii says:

The dark brows look amazing on you. Your eyes and whole face take shape and pop. I think whatever your natural haircolor is, it would be perfect.

3. Alexander Slytherin
    Alexander Slytherin says:

I don't remember about Greeks, but when I studied ancient Rome I remember men and women would shave their whole body! Women also lightened their hair using beer to become blonde (they learnt that from the Etruscans) and they could dye them too. Idk about the brows tho, but I'm sure the greeks liked unibrow in women and also tried to achieve it using animal hairs when they didn't have it 😂 sometimes women in ancient Rome used wigs too, but for more infos I have to search my history book because there was the "article" about it 🙂

4. Brittaney Garman
    Brittaney Garman says:

Okay..first off..you! Omg, your hair, skin, everything! I am just in LOVE with your hair color! I recently discovered your channel and I am loving the historically accurate portrayals! I have so much more to watch…this may well be the first time I'm grateful for insomnia😅. Can't wait to see what else you do!

5. SirParcifal
    SirParcifal says:

fyi – Italian (roman women) definitely still keep our brows thick – in fact, there is a saying within out family – never trust someone that has to draw their eyebrows in….lol

6. SirParcifal
    SirParcifal says:

I believe there was once a law in England that made it illegal for women to wear red lipstick because they believed red lips would seduce a man into marriage….muhahahhahahahahahahahah

7. Jasmine Vardy
    Jasmine Vardy says:

I'd love to see a video of the Tudor era. Absolutely loved this look. The hair looked gorgeous. I just recently subscribed to your channel. Loving your videos so far. Keep up the good work! 🙂

8. Wednesday's Child
    Wednesday's Child says:

Coloring the water line can be bad for the eyes, just saying. It does look historically accurate. The jewelry also was important. Wealthy women had gold jewelry. Poor people did not have as nice of jewelry.

9. Irish Rachel G
    Irish Rachel G says:

When you said “ my imagination running wild “ with the hairstyle, you couldn’t have been more correct. I did a lot of studying on Ancient Egypt, Rome and India in 8th grade history, it’s part of the curriculum. Those hairstyles are beautiful and classy. You can give yourself an A+ , because this is certainly very accurate. Makeup is beautiful. Let’s jet back to ancient Phoenicia , please .

10. Delia Salazar
    Delia Salazar says:

You are so suited to work as a professional stylist in movies! (I don't know if this is what you do, but if not you should definetely do it) You are so talented and thorough. Great job!

11. nisi bonum
    nisi bonum says:

I am personally intrested in Roman history and this is nice to see another set. Idk about women however i will say that men could be set in status by the color of clothing they had as laws making it so some colors could only be worn by senators and other things like that.

12. Angie Reon
    Angie Reon says:

Such a beautifulful look! I'm a new subscriber and I'm thoroughly enjoying your videos! I'm watching all of them, and I'm not sure if this is a look that you've done, but your timeless, wholesome beauty reminds me of pictures of the " Vargas Girls" of WW II, that are painted on airplanes and were portrayed on poster (the tasteful ones, mind you! 😊) any change you would do a video of 40s pin up girl?

13. Heather Marius
    Heather Marius says:

I'm a member of the SCA and am trying to be more historically accurate. Your video helped immensely in helping to illustrate how the makeup might've looked. You hair is pretty accurate too, actually. Atleast from what I've seen in the statues and frescoes. Keep up the awesome work. I look forward to watching more videos.