Please view in Chrome or FireFox (Safari is buggy).
For more info on tools and products used in this tutorial please visit:

Sandra Lanshin Chiu, L.Ac. is an acupuncturist and herbalist who specializes in treating and rejuvenating skin using the tools of Chinese medicine. She is also, btw…43 years old as of 2018…and uses this technique on herself regularly in addition to her clients.

Facial Gua Sha is an important natural technique that increases the health and vitality of skin as a way of restoring youthful glow, contouring and lifting, smoothing, de-congesting, de-puffing, and brightening the skin.

This tutorial is designed so that you can follow along at home and learn this deeply calming, restorative and beautifying practice. It is a condensed version of our 2-hour hands-on class taught at Treatment by Lanshin in Brooklyn, NY (and sometimes LA, SF, DC).

For questions or more info please visit http://www.lanshin.com/
or check https://www.instagram.com/treatmentbylanshin/ for our Live Q&A schedule.

Caution: For those with sensitive skin, rosacea, eczema or other reactive skin disorder please consult your dermatologist or skincare professional for guidance on your skin before trying any of these techniques.

Directed by Debora Francis

1. SleeplessinOC
    SleeplessinOC says:

Will doing this regularly lift cheeks to reduce the look of nasolabial folds? Will this cause some volume loss in the face ? I have heard that draining the lymph can cause a face to look less fuller and I don’t want to lose cheek volume but do want to lift them a bit.

2. Chanel B
    Chanel B says:

Thank you so much for this video. I just ordered a gua sha tool (and a jade roller!) and I really cant wait to use them. Watching this video was so relaxing!

3. Echo
    Echo says:

I really enjoyed this video. You are a very good instructor. I have just recently discovered Gua Sha and have been amazed how quickly I’ve noticed improvements in my skin and stress relief. Your video is extremely helpful, now I am able to correct things I was doing incorrectly.

I really hope you do more videos in the future.
    ✨subscribed ✨

4. sherie light
    sherie light says:

I am a new subscriber, Laura of Shake Up Makeup linked you in her video. I received my tool today & cannot wait to use. Have a blessed week.

5. gidramom
    gidramom says:

Thank you so much for posting this super easy to follow tutorial. I've been working on gua sha with this instruction for a couple of days and already see improvement.

6. Healing Touch with Julia
    Healing Touch with Julia says:

Wow just want to say thank you! I did this routine last night with the tool from your website and I saw incredible results this morning. My eyes look like they're at a more even height, my eyebrow that tends to be lower than the other looks lifted, and my cheeks and cheekbones look amazing and very lifted. Plus my entire face, especially in the cheekbones and jaw, feels so much less tense than usual.
    Can't wait to do this again tonight. Thank you for this comprehensive tutorial, Sandra and team!

7. ShieldsUp
    ShieldsUp says:

I ordered the rose quartz tool and just followed this video for the first time. I definitely feel more relaxed in the face and neck. It's like the tension there has been neutralized. Thank you !

8. Leksi Wins
    Leksi Wins says:

Thanks for posting this. I ordered one of those natural jade spatulas and I'm going to try this ritual. I hope you have a lovely day <3