It’s been a while since my last men’s tutorial! Here’s an easy couple of hairstyles you guys can do if you’re fans of the show Spartacus. They’re two half up styles worn by the gladiator champion Gannicus.

Difficulty: Easy
Hair Length: at least shoulder length
Materials: a few small hair elastics
Skills needed: French braid
Time cost: 5-10 minutes
ideal hairtype: any

Playlist of more men’s hair tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHZvUpJ8tQdv5JGZzctwht98hY9V7aapv

If you guys like my videos, please subscribe, give me suggestions/requests, and share! And consider donating to my Patreon page at patreon.com/silvousplaits. Every little bit helps me continue making videos for you.

I have a website! Visit silvousplaits.com to see tutorial videos with more text instructions, pictorials, inspiration pictures, blog entries, and other styling services!

Find me elsewhere on:
Patreon.com/silvousplaits
www.facebook.com/silvousplaits
twitter @silvousplaits
Instagram @silvousplaits_hairstyling
Pinterest, http://pinterest.com/silvousplaits/
Tumblr, http://silvousplaits.tumblr.com/

Music “Desert City” copyright Kevin MacLeod under CC Attribution 4.0 License. Artist website: incompetech.com

1. Sascha Hoppe
    Sascha Hoppe says:

Easy? This is extremely complicated! Why does it look so easy when you do it. I have lots of fine hairs getting in my way after the second stitch. Why are yours so accurately separated? Any trick?

2. Paris 54
    Paris 54 says:

Just a little tip to save you a lot of time and frustration: if you have never tied a hair tie, DO NOT try to french braid. It is a LOT more complicated than tying a hair tie.

3. justinspirational
    justinspirational says:

Thank you for your amazing tutorials- first time having long hair (almost as long as in your video now unlike my youtube pic)- grateful for finding out how I can mix up these badass warrior men's long hair styles beyond the normal man bun I've been having- you're very talented! Keep the men's long hair styles coming! Thank you

4. Jake Touchstone
    Jake Touchstone says:

This is a great video can you do one with his new hairstyles from Spartacus war of the damned he changes his hair style a bit an would like to know how it's done

5. Irene Harto
    Irene Harto says:

I absolute love your hair tutorials! I know you use henna for color, Can I ask you what you do for having it so light and uniform? I have a similar blonde base, but is more and more dark with the applications 🙁 Thanks a lot

6. Irene Harto
    Irene Harto says:

7. torrinpaige
    torrinpaige says:

Awesomesauce! I really like how these turned out. I confess that when I watched I only really noticed the lady hairstyles – mostly because I keep trying to figure out how to replicate. The dudes though? I'm too distracted by all of those muscles. Lol. I had entirely forgotten about Gannicus' half-ups until I saw you post this. Nicely done!

8. Dale of Kenaz Komics
    Dale of Kenaz Komics says:

Theres not a lot out there that gives instructions on how to do creative hairstyles for men. I enjoy fantasy and historical films and tv shows so I think your tutorials are great. Keep up the good work for us long haired men in the new year. Thanks.

9. Giulia Nallino
    Giulia Nallino says:

Hi! I absolutely love your channel and I think I've tried almost every hairstyle! Since you've been watching Spartacus to make this and Lucretia's hairstyles I'd like to ask you if you could also make Saxa's

10. TVfXQlover92
    TVfXQlover92 says:

Oh my goodness!! My name is at the end of the video…. I didn't know you were doing that. I haven't been able to get on YouTube in a while. That's a pretty neat way to honor your patrons! 😀

11. Joey Russell
    Joey Russell says:

Absolutely loved this video! Gannicus is one of my favorite characters from any show or movie. I love the men's styles because I love having long hair and being able to do cool things like Vikings or fantasy characters. Can't wait for the next video!!